Make a pretty honesty heart
At Snapdragon we are all about truly thoughtful presents, whether that is collaborating on a truly memorable personalised present from our range or hand making something special themselves
These quick and simple honesty hearts are my favourite thing to make at this time of year.
They look beautiful hanging up in windows with low autumn light streaming through them, they make gorgeous wedding accessories - I once decorated enormous hazel branches with scores of them for a winter wedding in a baronial hall.
They also look great as decorations on special presents.
They are very easy to make. You need
- Honesty seedheads - lots of people grow these but, if you can't find any, this heart works just as well with small pressed autumn leaves.
- Flexible wire
- A glue gun
1. Gather your honesty pods and strip the outer seed casings;cut the seedpods from the stem.
2. Make a heart shape from your wire and stick the ribbon to the top of it with your glue gun.
3. Start at the top sticking the honesty seedpods onto the wire overlapping them slightly until you get to the bottom of the heart. Then start again at the top
4. When you have finished one side turn it over and do exactly the same on the other side.
When they are finished these hearts are really sturdy - I have some dating back almost 10 years that I bring out every year to decorate my Christmas tree - and they are still in perfect condition.
You may also enjoy …
Collecting acorns at Loch Lomond
a walk to Loch Lomond to collect acorns for natural dyeing
1 year ago
Tour of the Studio and Meadow
2 years ago
Making a rose lip balm
make a rose lip balm
3 years ago
Natural Gift Wrapping 1 - Pressing Leaves
making zero waste gift wrap tutorial pressed leaves
4 years ago