You haven't yet viewed any products on our store. If you've been here before, you may need to sign in.
Make your own felt Christmas tree
I love making these little woollen trees - the first ones were made in 2005 and I still get sent photos each Christmas of some of that first batch being set out on windowsills.
My first ones were made from green dyed old woollen blankets, today the kits we sell have a beautiful woven, slightly stubby wool instead.
- Woollen fabric
- Beads and bottons
- 6 cm terracotta flower pot
- Cinnamon stick
- Modelling clay/plasticine
- Coloured wire
1. Fill the pot with modelling clay and put the cinnamon stick upright into the clay, pressing down until it is secure.
2. Print out the PDF template and cut out two tree shapes from wool.
3. Put the two pieces together and sew the edges of the wool together with a running stitch - about 2mm from the edge - leave a gap at the base to stuff through that will also take the cinnamon stick.
4. Lightly stuff the tree.
5. Sew beads and buttons onto the tree.
6. Put the tree shape onto the cinnamon stick and wiggle down until it is at the height you want.
7. Bend wire into a star shape with a long leg. Put leg of star through the stitching at the top of the tree.